Why did a payment not work?
Drivers will not know the reason why a payment did not work. If a payment fails, you may wish to try a different card or pay using an alternative payment method such as cash or purchasing a ticket via the mTicket app.
Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- The card has expired
- The card is not a contactless card
- The card is not accepted e.g. American Express
- The card is being presented for a payment over €30/£30
- A previous transaction has been declined by our system and the card is blocked
- The card hasn't been approved by the bank for the transaction
- The card hasn’t been used at a Chip and PIN terminal before
- More than one card has been detected by the reader at the same time
If a card does not work, please contact your issuing bank for advice.