Which routes does the Aircoach serve?
Aircoach provides services on 5 key routes:
Service 700: Dublin Airport - Dublin City Centre - Donnybrook - Leopardstown (24hr service up to every 15 minutes frequency)
Service 702: Dublin Airport - Greystones (24hr service every hour)
Service 703: Dublin Airport - Dalkey / Killiney (24hr service every hour)
Service 704X: Cork - Dublin City - Dublin Airport Non-Stop Express (36 services daily)
Service 705X: Belfast - Dublin Airport - Dublin City Non-Stop Express (44 services daily)
Where does Aircoach pick up at Dublin Airport?
All Aircoach services operate from the front door of both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
Terminal 1: Our stop is located at the front door on the Arrivals road at Terminal 1. On exiting the baggage reclaim area turn left and turn left immediately as you exit the terminal building.
Terminal 2: Our stop is located on on the Departures Road at Terminal 2. On exiting the baggage reclaim area please continue along the same level following the signs for buses and coaches, cross the footbridge, and then exit down the escalator on the left hand side. Our Customer Service Team will be there to greet you and to answer any questions you may have.
Airport Check-in - how much time should I leave?
Please remember to leave sufficient time between your coach arrival at the Airport and your flight check-in time. We would recommend at least 1 hour prior to the opening of your flight check-in.
Is the Aircoach less frequent at the weekend, or on Bank Holidays, or around Easter, Christmas and St. Patrick's Day?
No - Aircoach operates the same service on all routes, 7 days a week, except for the following exceptions:
- On Christmas Day there is no service. Details of last services on Christmas Eve and first services on St. Stephen's Day / Boxing Day will be posted on our website.
How long is the Aircoach ticket valid for?
- Single Tickets purchased on the coach are only valid on the journey on which they are purchased or, if purchased from our Customer Service Team at Dublin Airport, on the next departure from the Airport.
- Return Tickets purchased on the coach or from our Customer Service Team at Dublin Airport. The outward portion of your ticket is only valid on the journey on which they are purchased or, if purchased from our Customer Service Team at Dublin Airport, on the next departure from the Airport. You can use the return portion of your ticket on any return journey, on your booked route, up to a period of 6 months after the outward journey date.
Single Tickets booked online:
- for time specific bookings, single tickets will be valid for travel on the selected departure time on your chosen route, on the date specified on your booking. Subject to availability you may be allowed to travel on an earlier departure that day, however, your seat is only guaranteed on the timed journey specified on your booking. When travelling from Dublin Airport only, and where there has been a flight delay, passengers may be allowed to travel on a later journey than the one booked.
- for bookings where there is no time specific departure on the day, single tickets will be valid for one single journey on the specific route on the date specified on your booking.
Return Tickets booked online:
- for time specific bookings the outward portion of your return booking will be valid for travel on the selected departure time on your chosen route, on the date specified on your booking. For the return journey the return portion will be valid for travel on the selected departure time on your chosen route, on the date specified on your booking. Subject to availability you may be allowed to travel on an earlier departure on the day of your booking, however, your seat is only guaranteed on the timed journey specified on your booking. When travelling from Dublin Airport only, and where there has been a flight delay, passengers may be allowed to travel on a later journey than the one booked
- for bookings where there is no time specific departure on the day, return tickets will be valid for one outward journey and one return journey on the specific route on the dates specified on your booking.
- For all online bookings, customers should be present at the appropriate stop, and make themselves known to the driver, at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time, otherwise the seat reservation cannot be guaranteed.
Where do I purchase a ticket?
At Dublin Airport you can purchase your ticket from any Aircoach staff member at the Aircoach departure stands at either Terminal 1, Arrivals Road, or Terminal 2, Departures Road. You may also purchase your ticket from your driver when boarding the coach and also from our Travel Shop in the great Northern Mall, Belfast. For the best value fares please book online at www.aircoach.ie.
What is the fare for children?
Discounted child fares are available on all our routes. Children aged 5-12 inclusive are charged the relevant child fare. Children under 5 travel free if accompanied by a fare paying passenger. You may be required to provide proof of age to avail of child discounts if so requested by the driver. Please note, we cannot carry children under 14 years unless accompanied by an adult.
Can I bring a bicycle or other large luggage on board the Aircoach?
We value our customers and will do our best to accommodate you. Space permitting we will be happy to transport these items.
How do you collect lost property?
Please call our office on +353 (0) 1 844 7118 and we will do our best to locate your property. Any lost property will be stored at our offices in the Airport Business Park, which is near to Dublin Airport, for a maximum of 3 months. It may be collected from here, by prior arrangement, between 09:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday. Unfortunately due to security reasons we are unable to forward lost property on board our coaches.
Is it possible to hire a coach or get a group discount?
All our coaches are available to hire and we would be delighted to provide you with a competitve quote for all your transport requirements. If you are organising travel for a large group please contact us so we can discuss your exact requirements.
For all enquiries please call us on 00 353 1 8447118 and our customer service team will look after you.
What is the latest time that you can book online for an Aircoach service?
All Online Bookings must be made before 5pm prior to the day of the travel.
Can I use my phone to pay?
Can cards not issued in the UK & Ireland be used?
Most contactless cards issued outside of the UK & Ireland will be accepted on our ticket machines. However, if a card doesn't work, please contact your card issuer. Cards issued outside of the UK & Ireland may incur a further overseas transaction fee, applied by your card issuer.
Can contactless cards be used to top up smart cards?
No, this option is not currently available.
How do I get a refund?
Drivers are able to refund card transactions at the point of purchase only. If you request a refund, the driver will issue you with a ticket which will say ‘EMV Credit Note’. Please then allow up to 5 working days to see refunds on your account. Drivers are not able to provide a cash refund.
If you should request a refund after purchase, you will then need to contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The service on which the ticket was purchased
- Transaction Total Amount
- Date and Time
- First 6 and last 4 digits of your card as shown on the receipt
- Whether you paid with Apple or Google pay
Customer services will then consider your request and process a refund if appropriate
How do I know if a card has contactless?
Contactless cards will display the contactless symbol. Most new cards are issued with this feature. If your card is not currently contactless, speak to your bank to ask if your card can be updated.
How does contactless work?
Contactless is a simple and secure way to pay for bus travel without needing cash. Contactless payments can be made for any tickets up to the transaction value of €30/£30
My payment was declined and my card blocked. What happens next?
If you use a card for a payment which is subsequently declined due to not having enough money in your account, your card will be blocked by our ticket machines. We will try again to recover the money owed automatically after 7 days or if you try to use the card again. Your card will be blocked until a payment is made successfully for the amount outstanding.
My statement says I've been charged 10p - has something gone wrong?
From time to time, we authorise an amount of 10p. This allows us to check with your card issuer that the card is valid. This will be replaced by the full transaction amount in 24-48 hours.
Which contactless cards be used?
Payment cards displaying the contactless logo from Visa or Mastercard logo can be used. We also accept Apple Pay and Google Pay. We are currently unable to accept payments by American Express.
Which services are accepting contactless payment?
Contactless payment is on all of our Aircoach services as long as the total amount does not exceed €30/£30.
Which tickets can be bought using contactless?
You can use contactless to purchase any paper tickets to the value of €30/£30. This can include more than one ticket in a single transaction, e.g. an adult and a child ticket. However, the total price cannot exceed €30/£30.
Why did a payment not work?
Drivers will not know the reason why a payment did not work. If a payment fails, you may wish to try a different card or pay using an alternative payment method such as cash or purchasing a ticket via the mTicket app.
Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- The card has expired
- The card is not a contactless card
- The card is not accepted e.g. American Express
- The card is being presented for a payment over €30/£30
- A previous transaction has been declined by our system and the card is blocked
- The card hasn't been approved by the bank for the transaction
- The card hasn’t been used at a Chip and PIN terminal before
- More than one card has been detected by the reader at the same time
If a card does not work, please contact your issuing bank for advice.
Why is the limit set to €30/£30?
A national limit for contactless payments has been set by all banks to €30/£30.
Will I get a receipt?
Yes, you will get a receipt once your transaction has gone through, along with a ticket for your journey.