COVID19 - Coronavirus information
At Aircoach, keeping our employees and the customers we serve, healthy and safe is a top priority. In the wake of the current Coronavirus outbreak, please find information and FAQs on what we are doing to provide a safe operating environment for customers and employees:
- Is it safe to travel on a bus? Yes. The Government has made it clear that neither members of the public nor transport staff are at greater risk of infection from coronavirus when using rail or bus services than in other public spaces. However, If you have fever and/or cough you should stay at home regardless of your travel or contact history.
- What are you doing to protect your customers and staff? As a responsible employer, Aircoach is committed to preventing the spread of the virus. We have robust protocols and resources in place to reduce the spread of illness across our business and services. In line with Government advice, we are continuing with the systematic cleaning of our vehicles and facilities.
In addition, on our coaches we have taken measures to help ensure the wellbeing of our drivers and customers alike by decommissioning the front row of seats. Customers are requested to therefore use any other available seat.
- Are your services affected by Coronavirus? There have been no confirmed bus cancellations due to the Coronavirus. Please continue to refer to our latest updates page for the latest information. Aircoach is monitoring resource levels to ensure that we can meet any future changes in both demand and supply in a sympathetic way, if the COVID-19 virus spreads in a significant way.
- What happens if my travel plans change or I am unable to travel due to this infection? Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information on our terms of carriage. If you are unsure of your future travel plans, we will be happy to amend dates for tickets for future use. If you do not yet know the date for travel, we will amend your revised date to 1st October 2020. This means that your ticket has been deferred to a date to be confirmed by you and does not have to be used by 1st October 2020. All you need to do is let us know that you'd like to defer travel and then inform us again nearer the time and we will amend your travel date once more.
- Are you making hand gel available to your drivers? Where drivers handle cash we are in the process of making hand sanitizer products available to them. We encourage our customers to follow Government advice on hand hygiene and are promoting this across our buses.
- Can I use a bus if I am experiencing cold and flu like symptoms? If you are suffering cold or flu-like symptoms, you should self-isolate and call your doctor. The GP will assess you over the phone. If they think you need to be tested for COVID-19 (Coronavirus), they will arrange a test. If you are not asked to self-isolate, you should only use public transport if absolutely necessary to avoid the spreading of other illnesses.
In the event that we have to make short notice changes as this situation evolves, updated timetables will be published on our website in the first instance. We’ll do all we can to keep providing you with the service you expect. It may become difficult to keep real time information and service changes updated in our app so please refer to this web page for the latest updates.
Staying in touch and up-to-date:
The Aircoach website will always have the latest information and guidance for customers, so please do check back here regularly and closer to your journey.
You can also help us to communicate quickly and easily with you by registering with us here:
Thank you for your continued support.